Welcome to your one stop shop for menstrual art, news, science, and more!
- All you hip ladies out there should check out these super cool 2011 Menstrual Lunar Calendar by Etsy crafter vivalacraft.
- Blogger Life as a Reader responds thoughtfully and personally to our post The Curse? Cultural Celebration of Menarche in her post Huge Myths About Women’s Bodies.
- See the commercial that started it all! The word “period” said on air in this commercial for the first time by our friend, Courtney Cox. Did anyone see this when it first aired? Did you notice it was the first time you heard the word “period” on television?
- Read this sassy British review of the MoonCup, Investigative Journalism from the Fringes of Girl Culture #9827: Over the MoonCup, complete with awesome graphic (shown on right).
- Check out this awesome, unintentionally menstrual positive tattoo Norwegian footballer John Carew got on his neck. This might have to be my next tattoo.
- Blogger Context and Variation posted a very interesting academic (but totally readable!) article titled Iron-deficiency is not something you get just for being a lady, which explores the relationship between anemia and menstruation. Surprise! They may not be as linked as you think.
- Look for the new Moon Cup packaging at your local store! It uses fewer materials and takes up even less space in shipping, reducing the cup’s eco-footprint even more.
- There are great tips in Social Media for the 28th Day: 9 Tech Tips for Easier Periods, but as you know DivaCup is not the only option. What is your favorite cup? In your tweet, use the hashtag #28thday to voice your opinion and add your tips!