GladRags is looking for a Wholesale Sales Associate with a positive attitude, superior communication skills, and an excellent phone demeanor. This is a terrific opportunity to earn experience at an established company within the natural products industry. You can learn more about our unique feminist business here.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working in a goal-oriented yet relaxed environment. Must be highly self-motivated, able to focus on the positive/big picture, and very comfortable using the phone.
This is a part-time position (10 hours per week) with somewhat flexible scheduling during normal business hours. Mornings preferred as the position includes making calls to the East Coast. Must be in the Portland area.
GladRags is a small company (and certified Benefit Corporation) on the forefront of the sustainable menstrual products industry. Our office environment is casual, and we strive to be a place in which everyone feels genuinely heard and respected. We like to make work fun, and we work hard because we strongly believe that what we’re doing matters.
Using the tools, database and training made available, the Wholesale Sales Associate’s duties include the following:
– Managing and track existing and potential wholesale customer relationships.
– Making outbound calls to qualify accounts according to standardized rules.
– Maintaining customer records in our database.
– Answering routine questions regarding our products.
– Assisting wholesale customers with selecting products and placing orders.
– Ensuring wholesalers adhere to GladRags policies.
– Assisting with coordinating promotions with wholesalers and distributors.
– Assisting with tracking and growth of sales.
– Participating in weekly team meetings.
We expect that you:
– are reliable, motivated, and honest.
– have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– possess professional and friendly telephone skills.
– are positive, enthusiastic, and not easily discouraged.
– are comfortable and confident working with computers.
– are able to quickly learn a wide variety of details pertaining to our products.
– are able to follow directions and work independently.
– are accountable for your actions and are a proactive problem solver.
– are comfortable discussing menstruation as it relates to our product line (prior knowledge or experience with our products is a plus!)
– Flexible, within normal business hours. Morning preferred.
– 10 hours per week
Please read the following directions carefully. To apply, please email with the following:
– Your resume, attached as a .PDF or .DOC file, with your first and last name in the file name (example: Jane Doe Resume.PDF)
– Minimum of two professional references (may be listed on resume)
– Why you believe you will be successful in this position at GladRags
– Extra credit: name your favorite euphemism for menstruation.